Monday, June 21, 2010

If You Can't Say Anything Nice...

There's a reason I don't get into public feuds with people: I hate fighting. It's never been my strong suit. I've spent most of my life going as far out of my way as possible to avoid conflict, but apparently not far enough.

I have a bad habit of letting people into my life who, while well meaning, usually bring enough baggage with them to crash a fucking plane. I like to believe in the best in people, but it's a little hard when they're trying to make me believe the worst in people. Lately, I've been hearing shit from everyone about everyone else, and right now, the only thing I can believe is that everyone hates everyone and I have little to no fucking clue as to what's going on anymore.

So yeah, lesson learned: Stay away from other people's fighting an feuding and all that other bullshit. Let's face it: At this point, I have 99 problems; 100 if you count the bitch. Why do I need to start bringing in other people's problems into my life? Christ, I can't even solve my own problems, what the hell makes you think I can solve yours? I know it sounds selfish, but hey, when what you're sharing is negativity, then yes, hooray for selfishness. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's time I start moving away from other people's problems and start focusing on my own shit. Personal responsibility is a bitch, isn't it?

1 comment:

BrooklynBoundDebauchery said...

This is a lesson I've been working on for awhile... it's a good boundary to put down as soon as you can...I love the Sia song... such an intense album... peace man and much luck...