Well, it's almost that time of year again: The time where everyone decides to do a bunch of shit with no actual intention of actually fulfilling it. So to commemorate this, let's look back on last year's Resolutions, and then see what I can promise myself this time.
New Motto: You're not the only one who's ever been hurt.
- So far, still a pretty good Motto. Although I may change that to something more optimistic.
- Nope. Failed this and failed it hard. I am Jeremy, king of the doormats. Bow before my passive-aggressiveness.
- Working on that one right now, and so far? Not a bad job. With any luck, I might even work at a REAL bar someday! Crossin' my fingers.
- Well, I tried, but to be fair I DID put Terminator 4 on the list of movies I had to watch, and you don't just walk away from a commitment like that. Even then, it wasn't, you know, THAT awful. I mean it wasn't great, but not awful.
- If you haven't figured this one out by now...Yup. Porn. And for the record, I am one superbeautifulmonster, it's just that no one really knows me yet, but mark my words, I will fucking rock the shit out of 2010.
- Also done! And as much as I love my family, I love them even more when I don't see them everyday. Sorta like how you get sick of eating Chipotle if you eat it everday, then you wait a week and realize that you LOVE Chipotle...Only without the whole "Crapping Blood" thing.
- Shockingly enough, accomplished. I totally just high-fived myself.
- Okay, so...Yeah. I found one, but then it wasn't, but then it was, and then he died. I'm not sure if I won or lost this one. The part of me that loves him says I won, but the part of me that misses him says I lost.
- Well...Sorta. I kinda did a couple times, but there are still a few douchebags out there who need to realize that you don't fuck with Jeremy Feist and walk away without being voodoo-ed.
- To be fair, I did. It's not like I was on the sidelines waving pom-poms, but I still did it.
- I wouldn't qualify it as shitloads just yet, but I did manage to fucking buh-buh-BANK this year.
- Yeah, I just did not even bother trying with this one. Fail. Complete and total fail on my part here.
- Move out of Montreal to either Toronto, New York or California. Although I'm kinda hoping for the latter.
- Bulk up and reach 180 by this time next year.
- Finally (FINALLY) start doing work for big name studios. Even if I have to beg, bribe, blackmail and every other b-word to do it (Burgle? Bully? Bitch? Help me out here.)
- Get a boyfriend. Again.
- Learn to play the ukulele. Scientifically speaking, they rock harder with less square footage than a cello.
- Start writing.