Saturday, August 9, 2008

Useless Talent #27: Baking.

On my gradual quest to stop being all mopey, I've baked a cake. Why? Boredom. I'm at the point in the heartbreak cycle where you just do random shit so that you're to busy to think about anything else. So I made a tasty little Mocha Kahlua Cake with a Bailey's Irish Cream Glaze. My younger had a piece, and proceeded to flirt with a poster, try to pick a fight with another poster, then collapsed in a drunken heap.

In case you're wondering, yes, I bake all the time. It's my hobby, and it keeps my chakras aligned. I found a recipe at Joy The Baker, and proceeded to tweak it as I saw fit. It turned out pretty well, but the way she described it, if I don't shit rainbows for at least three days, I will be disappointed. The basic changes involved switching rum with kahlua, and just making a glaze using bailey's instead of more rum.

On a side note, you see the puppy up in the header? Her name is Kahlua. Yes, we named our dog after a liquer. What can I say? We're Irish. And no, Sarina, I will not be making any pies in the near future. Anyways, here's a little pic of it.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I don't care if other people eat pie, I just hate it when they try to make me eat it. I definitely don't care if other people MAKE pie (again, so long as I don't have to eat it). I've made pie myself before, for holidays and whatnot. I'm told I make excellent pie, but that could be a lie and I would never know, because I sure as hell never eat any of it. Pie is so gross.

Anyway, your cake looks beautiful, but I'm pretty sure it would make me gag. I don't believe in chocolate cake. I don't believe in most kinds of cake, actually (except for lemon chiffon, which I could eat until I rupture something). I definitely don't believe in Kahlua, because I hate coffee with every fibre of my being.

Joy the Baker said...

Looks pretty. Let me know if you shit rainbows...

jM said...

I believe in any kind of cake that involves alcohol. It's got healing powers, I tell ya.