Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Vacation, Episode 1: Taking Flight (Part 1)

Hey y'all! I'm currently blogging from sunny DR, drinking a Jack and Coke and trying to get a tan so that I no longer look like I grew up in Chernobyl. So, I guess an update is called for, isn't it?

So, Sunday I woke up at 5:30 in the morning, Made my way over to the car with my bags, and slept for 15 minutes in the car there. So We got to the airport, go over to check our bags, and realise that all the books I had bought for the trip were still in THE FUCKING CAR.

Thankfully, our plane was delayed for an hour and a half, so I called my brother to come back with the car so I could get my books. A little petty, yes, but hey, If I didn't bring a distraction, I could very well have ended up trying to stangle myself with the seatbelt.

One thing you should know about me right now is that I expect the worse in every circumstance. Mostly because experience has taught me that it'll probably happen anyways. So you can expect how well I handled flying 500 miles per hour through the air in a metal tube. The fact that I didn't die in a horrible, firey explosion 40,000 feet in the air I consider to be a huge plus.

Thankfully, the in-flight movie was The Dark Knight, but having recently recieved it on DVD, I was a little tapped out, so I decided instead to finish off my copy of Sarah Vowell's The Wordy Shipmates. A bit of a dry read, but informative none the less.

Anyways, my battery is gonna die soon, so I'll post more as I go along. Talk to you later!

2 comments:

Robert said...

Great to hear from you. Try flying 22 hours in that metal tube from Australia to England. I so agree, I just think it is an absolute bonus when I arrive at my destination. Just another hassel living at the arse end of the earth! x Robert
Don't get burnt and end up looking like a lobster as most Poms do when they get to Oz. lol! Happy New Year

meaux said...

Sunny DR? *sigh* We've just been struck by a massive blizzard. Pardon me while I wallow in self-pity for a bit...there, done.

Have fun down there, eh? Glad to hear you managed to take your books with you--gah, that would've been disastrous!