Saturday, January 30, 2010

Californication

Ever wake up and realize that if you don't make a big move soon, you're going to be stuck in the same place doing the same thing until the day you die? Well, I might have had one of those days. I've been letting it bubble over in my mind for a while now, but it's finally occurred to me that I have no future in Montreal and that it's time that I move to the place that has been the subject of about 40% of all Red Hot Chili Pepper songs:

California.

Specifically, Los Angeles.

I'll miss Montreal and everyone here, of course, but more time I spend here, the more I'm convinced that I'll never do much of anything here. And quite frankly, I am far too young to be having existential moments about the rest of my life. Seriously, at this age I'm supposed to be drinking too much, and eating junk food and not worrying about my future (or lack thereof) in my current environment.

Anyway, I might need a little help here: If anyone knows anything about all the hoops I have to jump through in order to properly immigrate, or they have tips on moving from the north-east to the south-west, or if they know anything about Los Angeles I should know about, or if you'd be willing to help me apartment search or even put me up until I have one, that would be great. Sooooooo...Help me please!

3 comments:

Genevieve Burgess said...

I know about a million people in L.A (I may be employing slight hyperbole) so once you figure out how long the immigration stuff is going to take you, give me the word and I'll try to get in touch with some of them about needing roommates, etc. Also, I may be moving out there next spring, because it's one of the two cities in America where you can be a music supervisor, and that's what I want to be.

Good luck!

Jeremy Feist said...

I know some people too, but still, YAY! Oooo! How about I find a roommate for a few months, then when you move down, WE can be roomies? YAY!

James said...

Good luck. Wish I could help, but my sphere of influence is far from LA. Actually my sphere of influence is far from anything, but that is different story. What made you pick LA?