Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ooh! It! Feels Good To Be Free!

So I've finally done it: I've finally left my shitty, over-stressing-time-consuming-grindtastic second job, and my GOD do I ever feel good. The guy who owns it is a friend of my dad, so I can't exactly tear into him like I wish I could, but sweet zombie Jesus no amount of money could ever convince to go back there.

The first problem was that there was no training, no job description, but plenty of high standards. It was like throwing a two year old into a pool of sharks and telling him to swim. Every day for three weeks, people would yell vague commands at me and then expect me to fulfill them. And when I didn't get them done withing the ten second time limit, they proceeded to freak the shit out.

To make matters worse, when I DID do something right, it meant free time to relax for two seconds but NO. I was somehow expected to do obscure jobs that I had no idea I was supposed to be doing, and was thus yelled at for doing nothing. My apologies for not being able to read minds. And also, seriously? I have free time because I did my job right. Would you rather I just did my job really slowly, or do you want me to repeatedly wash a pot until you tell me to do something else.

But it was worth it, because I now have $540 in (canadian) cash to spend on Pride Week in Montreal, which ain't too shabby. In honour of my emancipation, enjoy this Rilo Kiley video, which pretty much sums up how I feel right now.

No comments: